Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Welcome to the Family


It was a momentous occasion as the Leungs met the Wongs in Houston two weeks ago for Andy Yipster's wedding. The meeting went well and I can't thank God enough that both sets of parents speak a common language and have a common faith. We are blessed in this way.

Couple of questions that I've been thinking about these past couple of days...

1) How will I keep up with close friends once I move from Dallas? This is particularly interesting because I'm notorious for not keeping up with people on a regular basis. I've been wondering how I can become a better friend and "pursue" my friends who aren't physically near me.

2) Are chair covers that important to me? Chair covers are like $3 - $4 per chair. I've been trying some different ways to cut my budget so I can get them for the reception. If I cut the cake, bouquets, and favors...I think I can do it.

3) How will my former students recognize me when I change my name to Mrs. Leung? The other day I proposed the idea of keeping my maiden name, Wong, as my professional alias to Ed. His reply, "Are you ashamed of my last name?" ...Mrs. Leung it is!!!!

4) What have I done lately to show love towards someone else? Ed surprised me by "breaking" into my house this afternoon while I was at school. I had a box of Hot Wings and package of Twizzlers waiting for me in my bedroom with a note from him. It totally made my day.

5) How hard is it to cook, work, and take care of the home? So it's not a novelty to have a woman do all these three things with great mastery. However, my mom has been out of town for the past couple of weeks and I have found that the absence of my parents is really threatening my health and sanity. I'm more stressed, irritable, and hungry when they are away. I'm so looking forward to Thursday morning when my parents' flight returns. I've even circled it in red on my calendar.

2 comments:

JTT said...

:) we like your blog! have a feeling that most of the posts are by alicia...

Edmund and Alicia said...

you would be correct...ed has posted one entry...can you guess which one?