Mamas & the Papas
Leung on the left, Wong on the right
(EL) Last week, before many of our friends and family, Alicia and I got married. It's only been a week and a half, and yet, our wedding day seems so long ago (not in a bad way). We just got back from our honeymoon in Hawaii. As we were flying back home from "paradise," I glanced over at my slumbering new bride and thought about how blessed I was. It was one of those moments when you feel like things are just perfect. I felt like waking her up with a kiss and telling her that I knew times would not always be good, and there would probably be times where she would want to run from me as far as possible. But then I would promise that I would chase after her every time that happened. There were some other mushy sentimental things that ran through my mind (as many things do when you're delirious from trying to adjust to the time change on a plane), but I can't recall them now. All I know is that instead of waking up my wife, I just smiled, closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep myself. I know it's still early, and I'm still in the "honeymoon" stage, but so far, married life has been pretty darn good.
(AL) Over the past couple of months, many wives have warned me to "enjoy the wedding day as much as possible and don't stress". I'm so blessed to say that both Ed and I weren't nervous or overwhelmed...we really did enjoy ourselves the entire day! I would want to blog alot of memories that are stuck in my mind when I think about August 12, but to save space...I think the best story I could share would be something that happened before the wedding day.
It was past 1:00 A.M. and I was trying to write my wedding vows. With the listening ears of Aug Dawg, Nancy, and Jen, I wrote and re-wrote them. Anyways, I finally finished so I took Aug Dawg's hand, looked deeply in her eyes, and practiced reading the vows to her. About halfway, I started crying because I was so overcome with the thought that I was going to marry Ed the next day. To know that the person you love most has returned that same kind of love is something special.


1 comment:
congrats guys.
julia and dan
Post a Comment