Thursday, February 08, 2007

Support Kara


My sister's mission trip letter...


Believe it or not, I have successfully finished my first semester of dental school! Most of the semester consisted of getting to know my classmates, studying gross anatomy until 3am, learning all the little bumps and grooves on teeth, and trying to fit some sleep in between.


This spring break I have the opportunity and privilege of serving on adental mission trip with my school. From March 22-25, I will bejoining several classmates, dentists, and other dental students around Texas to provide dental care to adults and children that do not normally have access to proper dental care in Matamoros, Mexico. Since I am not a real dentist yet, I will have the chance to observe and assist in the dental procedures.


I am so excited to be a member of this team! We will have the unique opportunity to share and demonstrate God's love to people by meeting their physical and spiritual needs. Helping people and serving God in this special way was what made me interested in dentistry in the first place. I would love your support through prayer! Pray for safety in traveling to and from Mexico, team bonding and focus to do God's work, and opportunities to share the gospel to teammates and patients. Also, pray that I will be open, willing, and available to listen and do whatever God leads. I am thankful for God blessing me with your friendship, care, and love. I pray that you are doing well, and I will definitely send more updates and prayer requests as the trip approaches. Hope to hear from you soon!


No comments: