I recently met up with some of KCCC's graduated seniors, now freshmen. It was a great time of hearing how they've been adjusting in this first semester of college. It was major flashback time as they told me about searching for fellowships, IMs, visiting churches, and college boys. When the 2008 year rolls in, it will be 10 years since I first made my bed at Jester on the 5th floor! The girls really encouraged me as they shared about what they've been learning and how they've adjusted. I felt like a mother hen asking her chicks how they were doing.
Quick story...Last year I wanted to get to know the KCCC girls better. I ran around promoting a Saturday of Paintball complete with fliers, an Evite, and phone calls. Frustration quickly seeped in because the majority of girls didn't respond and the few that did kept on calling me to cancel. That Saturday I sat alone in my apartment feeling like I had no ministry, no friends, and no hope. I asked God, "Is this how it's going to be in Katy?" Fast forward....yesterday I had a sleepover at our apartment. Less effort, more prayer, and more relationships...We had a great time.
So here's my "Thanksgiving 2007" message: I thank God that He continues to supply me with all the spiritual, emotional, and physical resources that I need to do His good work. If you are hopeless in your own ministries, I hope you will be encouraged by my own struggles and God's deliverance.
Last week KCCC had its first year anniversary. I believe that God has graciously already produced fruit in our ministries. It's nothing that Ed and I have done or tried to do. It's simply God being God. Personally, it hasn't been easy being a part of a church plant and there continues to be struggles, but I give all praise to God. He's given me these blessings so I can remind myself during the tough times that it's all worth His eternal glory.

Jeanette brought her baby for her high school class. Baby Jasmine cried every hour for 5 minutes. I had only seen these babies on Saved By the Bell. I had no idea the real world had them! All the girls did a great job with the baby. Everyone took turns holding her.
2 comments:
amen to that, sista! :) how's everything else going? let's meet up!
Praise God!
Post a Comment