Thursday, March 19, 2009

Please Pray

I went for my 37 week check up today and found out that I was 1 cm dilated. Unfortunately, the big news is that I was still measuring small so my doctor ordered another ultrasound. I got to see the baby again...saw her hair moving through the amniotic fluid which was cool. The technician said she was really hairy and would come out sporting a ponytail!

We are asking veryone to pray for the healthy and safe delivery of the baby. My doctor has recommended that I be induced this coming Monday (roughly 3 weeks early) because our baby girl hasn't grown adequately these past couple of weeks. She's showing really low birth weight. In my last ultrasound, she was measuring normal at 4 lbs, 5 ounces. However, today she was measuring roughly as a 33 week old baby at 5 lbs, 1 ounce. Our doctor is concerned that if we keep letting the baby stay in the womb...she will get in distress mode. There are other reasons but the main point was that she thought it was best for the baby and me to be induced.

Ed is away at CSM with the youth group right now in inner city Houston for their spring break mission trip. He'll be with the youth until Sunday at 2:00pm, but of course will be come back to Katy if he needs to. I'm not alone though...my in-laws are staying in touch with me in Sugarland and my sister, Kara, is staying with me at the house.

Praise the Lord that the baby continues to kick and show alot of signs of life. I'm trusting that He'll continue to care for me and the baby as He sees fit.

Please pray with me and Ed for peace, wisdom, and safety. We'd appreciate it.

We are set to go to the hospital Monday, March 23 at 5:30 a.m.

1 comment:

mywong13 said...

we're praying for you guys. may God give you all peace and continue to watch over your little girl.