Thursday, July 09, 2009

Houston...We have a problem

I'm learning that parenthood is alot like teaching. Once you think you got the hang of it and the kids trained, something or someone changes and you got a whole new ballgame.

This week Faith was entertaining herself by flipping over during her naptime & bedtime. The little monkey just couldn't help herself. The problem with flipping was that she couldn't flip back and would wake herself up and start to CRY CRY CRY! So Mommy would come in and flip her back and on and on it went. Multiply that scenario by 4 and we get a cranky baby who needs to sleep. Thankfully, veteran moms helped us out with some tips. Look below to see what we tried...I'm sure it's not all AAP approved.

Who Me???

the problem


attempt #1: failed
steamrolled over these blankets


attempt #2: failed
we wanted our pillow back


attempt #3: success
bigger blanket roll with a small roll on the left
Auntie Lydia's black pillow to the right


2 comments:

Jake and Jeana said...

Oh my goodness - we are going through the EXACT same thing - I cracked up when I saw your post. Ethan is flipping over about 3 times per night and he screams when he realizes he's on his back so Mommy has to climb the stairs just to flip him back - arrrgh! Tonight we're trying a sleep positioner - I'll let you know how that goes. Good luck!

eric&fio said...

I'm sitting here with Aunty Vi, Marina, and Eric. We are very very impressed at Faith overcoming your stumbling blocks! And, I love her little chubby legs!