before the drama starts
waiting for the plane to arrive
Sunday was a different story. Got to the airport, flight was delayed until 6:30 (originally supposed to leave at 6), so she played around...threw up (just a little bit). By 6:30 pm she was really tired and I was wondering why she wasn't able to hold down her food & milk. So we get on the plane. Thankfully it's not a full flight so we have the entire 3 seat row to ourselves. Faith is in her carseat and I'm looking forward to her sleeping during the entire flight. Right when the stewardess is showing the safety precautions, Faith throws up again. This time she throws up 3x consecutively. Alot of milk and food all over the place. Her clothes are soaked, the airline chair and seatbelt is soaked and the carseat is holding a pool of her vomit. I'm freakin out. So I interrupt the flight attendant's speech and ask for some wet towels and trash bags. Two of them come over and are like "oh, my goodness". Faith is whimpering as I strip her down. Meanwhile, we are taking off into the air. The people around me are having to smell her vomit...and one guy in front of me says "this is going to be one long flight". They turn off the lights in the cabin as everyone settles in for the short flight to Houston. So now Faith is naked. I put the dirty clothes in the trash bag, put a paci in Faith's mouth, and rock her to sleep. She falls immediately asleep (she was pretty miserable by then) and with one hand holding her and the other hand cleaning up the nastiness in the carseat and seat. They had to replace the entire seat and seatbelt once we landed. God was really good to me as Faith slept for the entire flight, I had an extra blanket in my diaper bag so Faith was warm w/o clothes, and that the flight wasn't too long. So in the end, I used another trash bag to line the carseat so Faith could sit in it, bundled her up in the blanket, and met Ed outside Hobby Airport for the drive home. We gave her a long deserved bath, gave her 6 ounces of ped-lite that we had happened to get from a friend recently for free, and then she slept until 7 am in the morning. She must have be traumatized because on Monday she took a 3 hour morning nap and a 2 hour afternoon nap. Crazy, eh? And she didn't throw up or get sick on Monday...so not sure why she was not feeling well on Sunday. But we survived!!! =) I even got to drink Ginger Ale and eat my pretzels during the flight. The stewardess was even nice enough to give me three bags of pretzels. Guessed I looked like I needed some.
5 comments:
Wow Alicia! I would have cried. Way to go for handling that craziness!
Wish we had more time at school to talk about our babies (almost toddlers) and catch up! :(
oh boy alicia! so so sorry that you had to go through that! at least, now you know you can handle anything on a plane ride! :)
I'm sorry we missed you while you were in Dallas! How sad for Faith. I'm sure you felt so terrible for her and wished you could just put her in her own bed. That would have been so stressful! I'm glad she is feeling better, though!
you did a great job alish...dont worry bout people saying things...you shouldn't feel bad about it...did ya forget to carry on an extra set of cloth's...we've always done that pending a blowout or if airlines lose our luggage...
I'm sorry to hear that happened. Good thing it was a short flight!
Sometimes Lucas throws up when he gets overfull - kinda like us adults when we've had a big meal (we want to, but don't). Maybe she had too much milk? I dunno, just a theory.
You did well though! A big pat on the back for tough mama.
Post a Comment