Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Mavericks vs. Rockets





Kara gave us tickets to the February game for Christmas. We went to the season opener where the Mavs were on their way to a 0-4 start. Yao and the rest of the Rockets pounded us and it was pretty sad for Eric, Fiona, Karen, and I. Needless to say we were defeated. I went back home with my head down and trying to be happy for Ed. But my heart wasn't in it. I have to hand it to the Rockets fans (James, Dan, Julia, & the rest of the Toyota Center -- they had creative, fun games to play with around the arena, comfy chairs, and best of all didn't gloat too much when they had that lopsided victory. 3 1/2 Wong Stars for ya'll. I do have to complain about one thing though...popcorn. I wanted some but couldn't find a size smaller than a bucket which costs like $6.00 or maybe $7.50...I can't remember, but it was alot.
Times have changed though! Praise the Lord! The Mavs are now a top the Power Rankins for espn.com & si.com. Avery Johnson has 100 wins under his belt. Dirk already had his max one turned ankle a season scare. We are just rockin' this season! Yippee! With football winding down and my least favorite sport (baseball) not around, it's a great time to be a Mavs fan. Can you feel it? We are going to win a championship this year!


this was at the season opener
you can see Julia and Big Poppa in the background showing their H-town roots


these are two of the most fanatic basketball fans I know

Dan (boo) for Houston & Eric (yeah) for Dallas

Quote from Alicia: "My poor husband had to endure 3 years of going to Rockets vs. Mavs games at the AA center so it's only fair that for the rest of my life I have to attend the Toyota Center."

this is a picture of us in the old days at the AA center



1 comment:

FP said...

GO MAVS!!!
The good news was that I got early notice that I'm in at UCLA, but I won't hear back on the rest for a few weeks. I'll let you know...