Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back to Work

I knew the time was coming, but two weeks ago...I started work again. I just work part-time as an intervention teacher -- which means that I pull out kids who are below grade level. It's a low stress, easy job which I'm very thankful for God providing it for me. I'll work Monday through Thursday from 8:30 - 1:30pm once school starts. However, teachers usually start a couple of weeks before school starts to do staff development. This is what I've been doing for two weeks. School starts this Monday so Faith will start with the babysitter on Tuesday. I'm sure I'll be doing a blog post of her first day. I was 6 months pregnant when Ed & Kara
swung by my classroom last year to bring me lunch.

Special Shoutouts go to Auntie Kara for watching Faith last week for two days while I was working, Ed for taking Daddy duty on Monday, and Nana (aka: Grandma) for watching baby today.

I LOVE the start of a new school year. I like meeting all the kids, seeing all the K students struggling to get through the doors with their big backpacks, and most of all...I like the energy I start out with! Refreshed from summer...I'm usually ready to start teaching and have tons of ideas floating through my brain about how I can teach concepts.

This year is different though. All I want to do is rush back home to see my baby and I've been really sluggish getting my classroom ready. It's completely ironic because when I was staying at home these past 5 months -- I was chomping at the bit to start work again. But now that I'm there, I'm missing the little monkey. Not sure if I'm adjusting to the part-time hours, new staff members, or what...but my priorities have clearly shifted. I guess what I'm trying to say is...I think my TOTY days are over and I'm okay with that!

When I get home, this is the sweet face I get to see! I would like to think she recognizes me and my voice by now. The best moment is when I step into her view and say, "Hey big girl!" and usually she smiles at me and waves her hands around. Love it!!!!
happy in the Boppy
double chin action
ready for solids?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, that boppy picture is the bestest. =D have a great school year!