Thursday, August 27, 2009

Starting Solids


We started solids this week. To be honest, we didn't know what we were doing and neither did Faith. We'll just have to start slowly and build up from there. So you would have thought that the smart thing to do would have been to talk to the grandmas, aunts, and other Katy mothers about the tricks to starting solids. But we didn't.

So after two days of solids, I called Pau Pau (Grandma Wong) in Singapore and got the scoop. She raised 7 of her own and countless others...so I'll take her word for it!

*make the rice cereal thick so the baby can feel the texture
*put the baby in the carseat because it's tilted and easier for babies to swallow instead of sitting straight up
*shovel the food in with the spoon using the roof of the mouth
*start twice a day (once in the morning, once in the evening)



Dad's turn at feeding the munchkin


Mom's turn at feeding the munchkin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha cool post. i like how "wipeout" is in the background too.

p.s. i hope she messes all over that texas bib.

fioners said...

we missed it!!

actually, I think I will try those tips from aunt Effie, too. We've only been feeding him at night. Probably should do morning, too. I love how she's an eager eater!