This week, I have seen and received several acts of kindness. It warms my heart to know that chivalry, honesty, and kindness are still present in this world!
#1: imagine Faith is in the bjorn & i'm pushing the grocery cart to get in line. the lady in front of me has just as many groceries as I do, but takes one look at me and immediately says, "go ahead in front of me." I tell her it's okay, but she insisted.
#2: outside Fiesta grocery store, I'm loading up my groceries when I see a man purposely walk ACROSS the parking lot to help an elderly man with his grocery cart
#3: special thanks to the man (parked next to me) who patiently waits for me to unload the groceries, take baby out of the bjorn, & buckle her into the carseat before he pulls out of his parking space; he even gave me a friendly wave as he pulled out
#4: we had a $25 gift certificate to a local pizzeria; i went to go pick up our order and found out the total was $25.82. I didn't bring in my wallet and was about to go back to my car -- when the bartender says, "don't worry about it" and he takes money from his tip jar and pays the rest of my tab.
#5: i won a gift card from my principal for unknowingly stopping her husband in the hallway and asking him if he needed some help because he wasn't wearing a security badge on the first day of school
#6: at our youth group kickoff night, we had two parents pick up their kids and see the mess that Ed & I needed to clean up. they stayed an extra 30 minutes or so to help us take out the trash, clean the tables, and pack up the food! so thankful for them!
2 comments:
WOW - God is sooo good. =)
praise God! i'm so encouraged by your stories of acts of kindness. :)
Post a Comment